Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Love's Secret


Never seek to tell thy love,
Love that never told can be;
For the gentle wind doth move
Silently, invisibly.

I told my love, I told my love,
I told her all my heart,
Trembling, cold, in ghastly fears.
Ah! she did depart!

Soon after she was gone from me,
A traveller came by,
Silently, invisibly:
He took her with a sigh.

William Blake

Sigh. I only discovered Blake's poem last night but find I've glimpsed its meaning fleetingly through tear blurred eyes in past loves lost.

Love is mysterious and powerful, yet frail...Never reach for it when its nearby... Never cling to it, never define it, never even try.

Profess it cautiously and only by faint whisper with lips brushing your lover's ear... keep hope but always give love silently in thoughts and deeds; and always give away the things you need and hold most dear.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and painful because I see its reflections in my own SL. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your comment Sni

    ReplyDelete