Friday, January 30, 2009

On Patience


I have heard these things of patience and believe them to be true, but I find it so hard to keep my feelings from galloping unbridled and wild eyed always overtaking any sense of calm reason and simple acceptance. I believe patience and acceptance are things as simple as taking a breath or blinking an eye or beating one heartbeat. These things we do not force, yet why am I always so impatient?

I know we should all hope and dream vividly with great energy, but in our actions, we must accept and receive, do not overreach, do not take, do not force, do not try too hard.

I know anything we might obtain through actions that are forced with great effort, might reluctantly yield, however their existence will be fleeting. Most often if not always, such actions repel that which we seek.

I know things that come to us, which are accepted as gifts, are always more beautiful and long lasting. This does not mean giving up but just the opposite. We must continue to dream our dreams with hope and desire which is the only way to bring such beautiful things into our lives. However, we must remain calm, balanced and receptive in all our actions.

I know receiving gifts is our precious right and accepting gifts with grace and confidence is our verdant hope.

I know we must be at peace and calmly accept situations that seem, in their moment to be counter to our greatest wishes. It is exactly in those times that, through our calm strength and confidence, we have the most power to draw what we desire towards us. We must let flow what must flow steadily forth in its own rhythm in its own time.

I know that if we remain patient, our dreams will unfold naturally and beautifully in the time of their choosing. When they are received and accepted, and we reflect on their timing, it will have simply been perfect.

I know I must believe this with all my heart and soul and it will be so.

I know too that I must become a gift to others learning to always give myself selflessly with confidence and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment